Re: [squid-users] Protocol Unreachables????

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 15:40:15 -0500

Think iptables, instead.

There is a bug in most versions of ipchains for kernel 2.4 that leads to
extreme CPU usage even under very moderate redirection load. I seem to
recall Henrik vaguely hinted that this might have been fixed in some
recent kernel revision, so maybe you'll be alright. But iptables is
superior in many ways for other reasons.

--
Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
Web caching appliances and support.