Re: [squid-users] slash problem

From: Marc Elsen <marc.elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 10:54:58 +0200

shadha nker wrote:

> Hello all,
> Reposting since no reply. hope somebody will help.
> I'm using squid as a proxy server. When i try to
> browse url with trailing slash (/ at
> last)(e.x..www.example.com/foo/), it is ok.
> without slash(www.example.com/foo)means , can't able
> to access page.
>
> is there anything todo with squid. how to overcome
> this?

 It is unrelated to SQUID :

 Url's should end with / , unless the object
 is named 'foo' without extension.
 If it does not exist, then the error you get is correct.

 When the url ends with / then the remote webserver
 will try to to find the Default 'Welcome file'
 which can usually be specified in the web
 server's configuration options.

 M.