Re: [squid-users] Meeting trouble when running "./configure"

From: Marc Elsen <marc.elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 15:16:09 +0200

maer wrote:

> Hi, pals!
>
> I meet with the following trouble when running
> "./configure --prefix=/usr/local/squid" with Squid-2.6-DEVEL.
>
> ------
> checking for a BSD compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
> checking whether build environment is sane... configure: error:
> newly created file is older than distributed files!
> Check your system clock
> ------
>
> How to resolve the trouble? I am using Red Hat 7.2, Kernel 2.4.7-10.

 Hm, could be that only 'ls -lt' is being used in the
 configure check.
 Perhaps you have a superfast computer and the granularity
 on the check on the newly created files is not fine enough.

 Congratulations...

 Or your clock is taking delta steps into the
 past, in the context of adaptive corrections on the sytem time.

 Perhaps the check in configure, could be removed
 in your case. Probably not harmless.

 M.

--
 'Time is a consequence of Matter thus
 General Relativity is a direct consequence of QM