Re: [squid-users] external ACLs and proxy_auth_regex

From: Guido Serassio <serassio@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 11:36:04 +0200

Hi,

Il 11.17 24/07/2002 Federico Lombardo ha scritto:
> Hi all, I need to specify an external acl that regex users into a file,
>seems stupid but I can't find out what I must write into acls :-)
>

>for example I use this external acl into squid.conf:
>
>external_acl_type wb_group %LOGIN /home/squid/squid25/libexec/wb_group
>

>Now when I specify which group is able to use the cache I use this acl set:
>
> acl aclname external wb_group "GroupName"
> http_access allow aclname
> http_access deny all
>Domain Users that belong to GroupName are able to use cache.
>
>Not I want to regex GroupNames into a file, is possible? is this acl
>correct?
>
> acl aclname external wb_group proxy_auth_regex -i
>"/home/squid/squid25/etc/users"

I think no, from squid.conf:

# acl acl_name external class_name [arguments...]
# # external ACL lookup via a helper class defined by the
# # external_acl_type directive.

[arguments...] are passed to helper when Squid calls it.
In doubt, add -d option to wb_group, so You can read it's output on cache.log.

Plus, wb_group expect a single group name.

Regards

Guido

> http_access allow aclname
> http_access deny all
>
>In "users" file I specify the group names just like GroupName
>I use it but from access.log it seems that the user is recognized, but is
>denied.
>
>Thank in advance, Federico

-
Serassio Guido
Via Albenga, 11/4 10134 - Torino - ITALY
E-mail: guido.serassio@serassio.it
WWW: http://www.serassio.it