Re: [squid-users] WCCP questions

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 02:31:32 +0200

WCCP requires the proxy server to be able to decapsulate WCCP GRE
frames, and I have not seen a WCCP GRE module for Solaris. In addition
to WCCP GRE decapsulation the proxy server also must support packet
interception as required for transparent proxying (this is available on
Solaris via the IP-Filter package). You are probably better off
switching to Linux of FreeBSD here.

To Squid WCCP redirected requests is just requests. The same access
controls and redirection apply.