AW: [squid-users] Reject hostname

From: <Markus.Rietzler@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 11:24:05 +0200

there are two possibilities to do this in IE.

1) you can define proxy-exceptions (go to the connection tab -> proxy
configuration -> more)
   there you can define hostnames that IE will access direct without any
proxy.

2) on connection tab -> proxy configuration there is a checkbox "access
local serveres direct without proxy" (something like this, don't know you
this is called in english, as we are using a german IE). with this checkbox
marked, IE will access all local servers direct without proxy.
IE uses security zones like "local intranet", "internet". with the checkbox
marked, "local intranet" will be access direct. the only question is,
whether IE is detecting your intranet servers as "local". think IE will use
IP and domain-names to do this, check it. whatch the icon in the right
corner of the status bar of IE.

Markus Rietzler
* <rietzler_software/>
* RZF NRW