[squid-users] Urgent, browser caching cgis

From: Fernando Costa de Almeida <falmeida@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 15:52:34 -0300

Hi,

Im facing a problem with the caching of squid here in my instalation...
I have a cgi page that cant be cached, so I put the following entry in
squid.conf:

acl mydomain dstdomain .mydomain.com.br
no_cache deny mydomain

This way (I think) pages inside mydomain.com.br will not be cached anymore.
So I take a look in the access.log to see what was happening and saw that
all pages (of my cgis) had a TCP_MISS clause, what, I presume, is the
correct!!

The problem is that when the proxy in on, my browser (IE 6.0), saves in its
local cache a copy of the cgi-page, with the Expire of an hour ago and the
Last Modification of 31/12/1969 21:00, and subsequents requests returns the
cached page instead the fresh one... I already tuned IE to check for new
versions of the page in every visit, and etc... but the problem persists...
With the proxy off, no copy of the cgi-page is saved to the disk...

Im doing transparent cache, but even pointing my browser to use my squid
machine:3128, the problem persists, so I think that the problem has nothing
to do with transparent caching...

System: FreeBSD 4.6.2
Squid 2.4.STABLE7

Any help will be apreciated,