[squid-users] 1 Squid Cluster 2 Physical Machines

From: Kamalan Govender <kamalang@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 16:41:12 +0200

Hi all.
I would like to know if Squid is able to support the following type of
configuration.

I would like to build a squid cluster, comprising of two physical boxes,
but one dns name.
I will use Round-Robin DNS. The problem I see is the authentication. I
presently use
ncsa_auth for users to authenticate. If I set up the DNS in round-robin,
how can I get a user to
only have to enter their details once, but request objects from both
boxes if the DNS round-robins the
address.

Is there another authentication method that can achieve this?

I will also implement a cache-hierarchy on the boxes so try to avoid
having the same object in both boxes

Any help is appreciated, or please point me to documentation on the
subject.
Thanks

Kamalan Govender
Computer and Network Services
University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg
Postal Address: Private Bag 3, WITS, 2050, South Africa
Telephone: +27-(0)11-717-1671
Fax: +27-(0)11-339-1225
Web-site: www.wits.ac.za

Disclaimer: The views in this email do not necessarily represent
            those of the University of the Witwatersrand