Re: [squid-users] Problem to login to IMP WebMail through the Squid

From: Sebastian Viudez Ortega <s.viudez@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 06 Oct 2002 16:46:50 +0200

        Hello Robert,

Robert Collins ha escrito:

> On Sat, 2002-10-05 at 20:59, Sebastian Viudez Ortega wrote:
> >
> > We have a problem when we attempt to read the
> > mail from our internal net to a external imp webmail
> > -we get out from our internal net through the Squid
> > 22STABLE4 at our DMZ-.
>
> You should upgrade this cache. There are security vulnerabilities that
> have been found. The current released version is 2.5Stable1. Or 2.4S7
> has seen lots of use and is very stable, if you are concerned about
> using the latest release.

       OK. I'll upgrade it as soon as posible.
(At the respect as this problem, i've tried the Squid 24STABLE6
without success).

> > This worked 2 or 3 weeks ago, and we have
> > nothing changed at our SQUID configuration. We have
> > contacted with the external WebMail Admin and he say us
> > that they have changed recently their WebMail architecture:
> > now they have two webmail interfaces in two machines
> > configurated as 'Round Robin' at the DNS. It seems a
> > related 'cookies' problem.
>
> Right. Well squid deliberately removes the setting of cookies from cache
> hits. This will break web applications that
> a) depend on setting a unique cookie per user
> b) allow caching of those same pages by shared caches.
>
> BUT: It can be argued that such sites are broken anyway. That may not be
> your problem because with no_cache deny all nothing will get cached.

       I had forgotten to say that all work without problems if we
connect without the Squid at all, through others ISPs or from our DMZ.

> Also, I'm not sure if 2.2S4 does that though, you might like to check
> your source (see clientBuildReplyHeader).

      Anyway, i've tried also with 2.4S6

> However: be sure to purge the objects from that domain after you enable
> no_cache, otherwise you may still be getting hits.

     Yes. I erased the complete cache directory and i made it again with
'squid -z'. Then i connected to the WebMail and checked that the directory
stayed unalterable.

     Robert, as i see your mail address is from squid-cache, if you have
the possibility to try something, the WebMail is at:

      'webmail.ugr.es'

    Very thank you, any way.

     Sebastián Viúdez.