[squid-users] FAQ-19.html#ss19.6

From: Raymond Norton <admin@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 08:01:55 -0500 (CDT)

I have read through the FAQ (listed below) on authentication, but have not
gotten it to work.

http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-19.html#ss19.6

I am using Red Hat 7.1 with squid 2.2. I modified the path to my passwd
file, and added or un commented the following in squid.conf. I get a login
box, but it will not accept any of my local username/password. I would be
very grateful if someone could tell me how to correct this problem.

#Examples:
#acl myexample dst_as 1241
acl password proxy_auth Required

http_access allow password
http_access deny all

authenticate_program /usr/lib/squid/ncsa_auth /etc/passwd

--
Raymond Norton
Little Crow Telemedia Network