[squid-users] Innocuous header that maybe won't get bounced this time.... real question about Squid

From: <Simon.Green@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 09:19:39 +1200

Hi,

I wanted to ask a question about a certain type of proxy that Squid is
really good at doing, but I kept getting knocked back due to the antispam
system. What I want to do is to have a proxy that is invisible: no
rewriting of headers in any way. Our end-user clients are very rigid in
what they will accept (and cannot be modified) and the limited rewriting
that Squid normally performs when used in trans mode seems to be corrupting
the results (as far as the clients are concerned). Is there any way to stop
Squid from doing any modifications at all to the requests, or do I need to
find some other proxy?

Cheers
Simon

--