Re: [squid-users] How do you clear the cache in Squid?

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2002 14:34:45 -0600

Sheahan, John (PCLN-NW) wrote:

> I was thinking that restarting the services would do it but I
> remembered it
> is contained in a flat file. Do I need to delete the contents of that
> file?

I suspect you have more than one file. Most operating Squid caches have
a couple hundred thousand cache files. ;-)

Why do you need to clear your cache? Squid maintains it for you, under
ordinary circumstances. If you must delete it, then you'll need to
figure out where your cache directories are--this is configured in
squid.conf with the cache_dir directive. In an RPM installation, this
defaults to /var/spool/squid, I think. In a tarball installation, it
defaults to something like /usr/local/squid/cache.

--
Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
Web caching appliances and support.