Re: [squid-users] How do you clear the cache in Squid?

From: Francisco Obispo <fobispo@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2002 16:24:01 -0400

Hi

I have:

cache_dir diskd /cache1 8000 16 256
cache_dir diskd /cache2 8000 16 256
cache_dir diskd /cache3 8000 16 256
cache_dir diskd /cache4 8000 16 256
cache_dir diskd /cache5 8000 16 256
cache_dir diskd /cache6 8000 16 256
cache_dir diskd /cache7 8000 16 256

and

cache_swap_low 90
cache_swap_high 95

but squid will fill up and use all the space available in about a
month.. so, very often I have
to delete all the cache_dir's ..

Should I lower the watermarks?

Joe Cooper wrote:

| Sheahan, John (PCLN-NW) wrote:
|
|> I was thinking that restarting the services would do it but I
remembered it
|> is contained in a flat file. Do I need to delete the contents of that
file?

| I suspect you have more than one file. Most operating Squid caches
have a couple hundred thousand cache files. ;-)

| Why do you need to clear your cache? Squid maintains it for you,
under ordinary circumstances. If you must delete it, then you'll need
to figure out where your cache directories are--this is configured in
squid.conf with the cache_dir directive. In an RPM installation, this
defaults to /var/spool/squid, I think. In a tarball installation, it
defaults to something like /usr/local/squid/cache.

- --
Francisco Jose Obispo Semidey
System Administrator
ccTLD .VE Technical Contact - http://www.nic.ve
CNTI - REACCIUN - http://www.cnti.ve
Work: +58 212 709 5257
GPG Fingerprint: 23FE 02B7 2E9A 24DB 51F3 29CB 87CF 3C30 3236 D09D
MOTD:
Everybody gets free BORSCHT!