Re: [squid-users] some Sites are not working!!

From: Robert Collins <robertc@dont-contact.us>
Date: 27 Nov 2002 21:36:17 +1100

On Wed, 2002-11-27 at 21:11, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> Because a certain very big company did not read the HTTP specifications
> when implementing their "integrated login" schemes (NTLM and then
> Negotiate), and as a result their design is in violation to fundamental
> aspects of the HTTP specification and cannot be proxied by standard HTTP
> proxies who try to follow the specifications (not even their own proxy).

Henrik, Just for the record,
That big companies proxy CAN support NTLM through the proxy now, they
have released a I.D. detailing a response and request header that allows
tcp connection pinning - and thus NTLM and kerberos work through the
proxy reliably. It's on my todo list to support this in squid someday.

Rob