Re: [squid-users] Redirection

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2002 02:34:01 +0100

You should not use always_direct. Instead see the cache_peer_access
directive.

I am a little confused on the proxies you have so I made the following
assumption:

You need to use two different proxies.
 a) For intranet.fg you need to use a specific proxy
 b) Your main proxy is to be used for all other

and to solve this you are setting up a Squid child proxy.

Based on this assumption the configuration can look like

# Send intranet to 192.168.200.1
cache_peer 192.168.200.1 parent 8080 0 no-query default
acl intranet dstdomain .intranet.fg
cache_peer_access 192.168.200.1 allow intranet

# Send all else to the main proxy
cache_peer main.proxy parent 8080 0 no-query default
cache_peer_access main.proxy deny intranet

# We need to use proxies for all requests
never_direct allow all

If your situation is that you want to configure your main proxy to
forward intranet requests to the intranet proxy then just ignore the
"Send all else.." part and down, and change

# Wee need to use proxies to reach the intranet
never_direct allow intranet