[squid-users] no_cache allow problems

From: Ondrej Cernos <ondrej.cernos@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 17:00:43 +0100

Hello,

I use squid-2.5.PRE13 on OpenBSD 3.2 as a http server (tomcat)
accelerator. For the purpose of not caching the server-generated
content, I have the following acl defined:

acl QUERY urlpath_regex cgi-bin \? \.do \.jsp

however, there are some addresses that are generated on the server
dynamically, but change once in six months and make heavy load on the
database, so I'd like to have them cached. So I added another acl:

acl TO_CACHE urlpath_regex catalogue/getcategorytree\.do.*

and similar. Then, I allow/deny these acls:

no_cache allow TO_CACHE
no_cache deny QUERY

But when I point my favourite web browser to the address that matches
the TO_CACHE regex, I get following in the access.log:

1039744348.568 130 195.122.200.21 TCP_MISS/200 12209 GET
http://my.domain/catalogue/getcategorytree.do - DIRECT/10.0.1.2 text/html

Which means, as I understand it, that the content was not cached.

Even if try it two times with 5 seconds in between the requests.

I tried the google, but the only hint I found was
http://ftp.dc.us.telia.net/squid/http/mail-archive/squid-users/200002/0289.html,
wchich didn't help me much...

Does anybody know, what am I doing wrong? Thanks for any hint,

--
ondrej