Re: [squid-users] Sending requests with Client's IP address rather than Squid IP address

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 21:41:42 +0100

It is not as much a Squid issue as an issue for the OS ontop where
Squid runs.

For this to be at all possible the OS where you run Squid must support
that applications like Squid initiate TCP/IP connections with faked
source addresses.

And one thing is sure, if these same IP addresses is also routed to
the clients then great care must be used or else really bad things
could happen at the TCP/IP level. Only recommended in a network where
clients are always proxied no matter which service they attempt to
contact.