Re: [squid-users] Speaking of authentication

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 01:19:20 +0100

Not unless you are running Squid as a transparent proxy.

Transparent proxying is by design incompatible with proxy
authentication.

No, the authentication popup cannot be modified easily. HTTP has no
control over this popup except for the realm string.

If you are lucy your browser vendor can provide a customization kit
allowing you to make custom versions of the browser where this box is
changed to suit your needs.