[squid-users] Rotation of Log Files

From: Technology Listserves <techlists@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 10:02:22 -0600

I've looked at a few sites on setting up log rotation for Squid. And now I have a few questions:

Could someone please point me to a good resource on setting up file rotation. I don't quite understand the configuration with the documentation provided on the squid-cache website.

Regarding the logfile_rotate option: I want to rotate the storage.log and access.log files. Should I set the option to be logfile_rotate 10? Would this set it to rotate all the of files I have?

Supposing I want to rotate the log files at midnight. Based on what I read, I think I should enter:
0 0 * * * /usr/local/squid/bin/squid -k rotate

What does the * * * stand for?
Is the path suppose to be the location of the log files? I store our log files in a different directory.
Where do I place this entry? Does it go in the squid.conf file?

Thank you for your assistance,

Tim