Re: [squid-users] ftp "put" and Netscape 4.8

From: Brendan Macmillan <bren@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 16:39:51 +1100

Hi Anthony,

Thanks for the suggestions.

> Not being such brainer here, "but just in case", do you have any other
> browser beside Netscape? If so, perhaps you should try to imitate your
> actions there.

Netscape 4.8 is the first web browser I've found that does ftp "put" via
a proxy correctly (thanks to Henrick on this list) - Netscape 7 doesn't
work, neither does the latest IE. I haven't tried other browsers.

"curl" is a non-download tool, but it also doesn't handle recursions etc
automatically.

> 1. Find Netscape proxy setting, configure it to manually insert proxy IP
> address and port. Insert your proxy setting. Then try your previous action,
> the first.
> 2. Don't use any proxy. If there is setting for automatically configure
> proxy, don't turn it on since it is just another way to find a proxy. Then
> try your action again.

The proxy aspect does work, so I'm not sure what difference this would
make.... but there's lot of things I don't know, so I'll try it.

[...trying now...]

Get the same results with manual settings.

Cheers,
Brendan