RE: [squid-users] Is it possible to serve stale content on ERR_RE AD_TIMEOUT?

From: Rhodes, Paul <Paul.Rhodes@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 14:05:28 -0000

Ok. I now see where I was going wrong. After digging through client_side.c I
can now see that if Last-Modified is not present, it will immeadiately
invalidate the STALE version, before making the request.

I was sending the following headers...

Cache-Control: public
Expires: <current time + 1 minute>

Shouldn't it do the same behaviour in this case as when the Last-Modified is
present?

thanks

Paul