Re: [squid-users] Performance of https connections (direct or via proxy)

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 12 Feb 2003 15:08:56 +0100

ons 2003-02-12 klockan 11.22 skrev Rainer Traut:
> Hi,
> I already asked this question some time ago, but I made
> some new observations.
>
> Why is https performance so poor, when going direct with
> internet explorer instead of using squid?

Don't know.

Broken browser or OS perhaps?

Squid is barely involved for SSL (CONNECT) requests.. all it does is to
forward the traffic between the client and server "as soon as it can".
The number of connections opened, how these are used etc is fully
controlled by the browser.

--
Henrik Nordstrom <hno@squid-cache.org>
MARA Systems AB, Sweden