Re: [squid-users] probable Bug???

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 12:42:57 +0100

khiz code wrote:

> Hie all
> i was trying out the ip_authenticate_strict option
> i ve observed the follwing
>
> 1>if a second user from a different IP tries to authentcate with the proxy, he
> is denied access if he enters the **correct** user name/pwd combination (as
> expected)
> however if he gives the **wrong ** username/pwd combination and then
> **subsequently tries the correct one** he is GRANTED access . at the same time
> the previously validated user is kicked off and forced to reauthenticate???
>
> is there a patch available for this for 2.4 Stable 6 .. I dont want to upgrade
> to 2.5 as of now ......
>
> TIA
> Khiz

Sounds like a bug.

No patch is available for Squid-2.4 to address this, and neither is it
likely there will ever be one from the Squid team as there is not a
single Squid developer working on the old Squid-2.4 release. We only
maintain 2 Squid versions, the current STABLE version and the current
development version (sometimes there is also a PRE version maintained
in preparation for a new STABLE generation)

If you find that the same bug exists in Squid-2.5 then please register a
bug entry and one of the developers is likely to look into making a
patch (to Squid-2.5) if needed.