[squid-users] Squid/Solaris problems

From: Downing, Mark <MDowning@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 07:51:25 -0800

I've never been a fan of running Squid on Solaris. It seems that I can never
get the performance that I get
from Linux. However, I am in a situation where I need to run on a Solaris
box.

There are a few issues...

1. Squid seems to really slow down after a day or two of running.

2. Connections get intermittently refused.

3. Images only partially load, or don't load at all.

I've tried tweaking the configuration, but I'm getting no where.

Has anyone successfully configured squid on solaris, and would be willing to
share the config and/or
any tips?

--Mark