[squid-users] Transparent proxy to a given page

From: Fabien Salvi <fabien@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 18:16:45 +0100

Hello,

I've made some tests with transparent proxy which work fine.
But, I would like to do something a bit special.

* Actually, when a user is trying to access the Internet, he can't if
not using our proxy server

=> I could just setup the transparent proxy and he could access without
knowing he's using a transparent proxy.
It would work fine.

But, I don't want users to not making the good proxy configuration for
security and other personal reasons including the drawback of
transparent proxy (it doesn't work for SSL and FTP).

What I would like, is to alert the user that he must use a proxy by
giving him the good parameters and a link to a documentation.

Is it possible with squid or maybe I should use another tool ?

I try with simple redirect with iptables (it's under linux), but of
course, it won't work because the reply from a web server (like apache)
does'nt use the correct IP source address and the client drop the packets...

Does anyone have a suggestion ?

Thanks in advance for your help !

--
Fabien SALVI      Centre de Ressources Informatiques
                   Archamps, France -- http://www.cri74.org