Re: [squid-users] Transparent proxy to a given page

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 22:18:32 +0100

What you do to accomplish this is to transparently intercept the
connections, but instead of redirecting the connections to Squid you
redirect them to a simple web server (for example Apache) which no
matter what request it received sends a browser redirect sending the
user to another internal web server giving these instructions.

The following trivial shell script based web server run from (x)inetd
even does the trick, but I'd recommend using a better web serer:

-- cut here --
#!/bin/sh
cat <<EOF
HTTP/1.0 302 Found
Location: http://www.your.domain/howto_setup_proxy.html

You need to configure your proxy settings. See
http://www.your.domain/howto_setup_proxy.html
for detailed instructions
EOF
sleep 1