[squid-users] Re: question about refresh_pattern

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 18:59:28 +0100

Kesava Neeli wrote:

> If I comment out all the 3 lines for refresh_pattern in squid.conf like
> below, would squid behave with builtin defaults (min=0, percent=20%,
> max=4320) you mentioned in this email thread below if it doesn't recive
> expilcit caching headers??

Yes. The defaults is used if there is no matching refresh_pattern.

See also earlier response from today wrt how Squid-2.4 and earlier Squid
releases behave (slightly different and more complex..)

> In other words what should I do if I don't want refresh_pattern at all ?
> Should I just say
> refresh_pattern . 0 0% 0

This is a suitable refresh pattern if you do not want Squid to cache
content without an explicit expiry time set by Squid.