[squid-users] question about refresh_pattern

From: Kesava Neeli <kneeli@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 09:27:19 -0800

If I comment out all the 3 lines for refresh_pattern in squid.conf like
below, would squid behave with builtin defaults (min=0, percent=20%,
max=4320) you mentioned in this email thread below if it doesn't recive
expilcit caching headers??

In other words what should I do if I don't want refresh_pattern at all ?
Should I just say
refresh_pattern . 0 0% 0

or should it work for the below setting??

# to change one. The default setting is only active if none is
# used.
#
#Suggested default:
#refresh_pattern ^ftp: 1440 20% 10080
#refresh_pattern ^gopher: 1440 0% 1440
#refresh_pattern . 0 20% 4320

Awaiting for your (as usual speedy:-) ) response as we are seeing a random
behavior where the object is cached for some interval of time even though we
didn't have any expilicit headers to cache it in our production system..

Thanks
Neeli