[squid-users] Wccp+squid2.5+linux

From: <akhan@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 09:17:39 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

        I know that its now an old issue as how to configure Wccp v1 with
squid. I myslef has done this many times in the past. But this time i am
getting some strange issues. Here is my problem.

1: squid-2.5.STABLE1
2: Linux RedHat 6.0
3: IP_GRE.C path for this Linux Kernel,
4: IPCHANS redirect www ---> 3128 (both GRE0 and ETH0)
5: Cisco Router with 12.x IOS

        Linux Kernel is recompiled with patched GRE code. I have my gre0
up, and i can see my webcache in router. TCPDUMP also reports that i am
getting GRE packets.
        IPCHAINS -L -v shows that i am receiving packets both on gre0 and
eth0 interface and they are being redirected.

        But some or other how users are unable to brows when ever i start
wccp in router. I am not sure but i believe there is some thing wrong with
my squid conf as once ipchains shows that packets are coming in and being
redirected it should work. I have tried the same thing on BSD box and same
results.

        I know i am missing some thing here. Any help to correct me here
will be highly appreciated.

Regards
Ahsan Saleem Khan