Re: [squid-users] Extending SquidGuard to work out of a SQL database

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 03 Mar 2003 14:43:29 +0100

mån 2003-03-03 klockan 13.41 skrev Joe Maimon:

> My company is looking to extend the Squid redirector, SquidGuard to work
> realtime out of a SQL database. We are looking to target the GNU/Linux
> environment and the MySql database server.

Hmm.. I would be a little worried about the latency of using MySQL in
the mix.. it is very hard to beat BerkelyDB when it comes to read
latency of static data..

I would recommend periodically updating the SquidGuard databases from
MySQL for easier configuration and maintenance, but keep SquidGuard as
it is.

Henrik Nordstrom <hno@squid-cache.org>
MARA Systems AB, Sweden