[squid-users] non-caching objects still use FD mechanism?

From: Adam <adam-s@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 10:52:29 -0800

Simple question: does everything get recorded by the Process
Filedescriptor's Allocation menu, including no_cache items? I have .tar
files set to no_cache and they still register in this menu item. One
responder said that maybe the FD mechanism is used for all objects but I'd
like confirmation from peopel who don't quote an entire post and then add
one line - besides that seems very counter intuitive.

Second simple question: What are the meaning of the Nwrite and Nread columns
and the * next to some entries in the "Process Filedescriptor's Allocation
menu" - I looked in the source for cachemgr.cgi and comm_select and online
but found no good explanation. At first we thought it was bytes but the
ratio is actually about 1.6 actual bytes to every *Nwrite or *Nread unit.

thanks,

Adam