Re: [squid-users] cache.log showing this...

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2003 01:49:31 +0200

Hector Miranda wrote:

> Giga Ethernet access to internet, four thousand users behind my proxy and
> the cache.log shows this over and over again (1 or 2 times per minute):
>
> comm_accept: FD 7: (130) Software caused connection abort
> httpAccept: FD 7: accept failure: (130) Software caused connection abort

My theory is that these are seen on certain operating systems if the
client aborts the connection with a TCP RESET before Squid accepts the
client connection.

I.e.

  SYN
        SYN+ACK
  ACK
  RST
  and here Squid gets around to accept the connection..

If you are not having any complaints which may be related to this I see
no reason to worry.