Re: [squid-users] Squid integration with Trend Micro Web Manager

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2003 01:56:23 +0200

"Lightfoot.Michael" wrote:

> > Anyone in this group integrated Squid with Trend
> > Micro's Web Manager.
> >
> Not yet, but we are considering it. I suspect I'll need more memory on
> the system running Interscan and squid (it is the only internal system
> allowed to talk thru the firewall.) It seems simplest to have Web
> Manager listen on a different port and use squid as the child proxy
> listening on port 8080 (or whatever your browsers use.) This was you
> can use squid's cache, ACLs or a redirector such as squidGuard to cut
> down on the number of requests actually being passed thru Web Manager.
> This should improve performance at least by a few percent.

Another option which is rumored to work is to use the ICAP version, in
combination with the ICAP client patch to Squid.

I have not yet had the opportunity to test such configuration myself,
and it should be noted that the ICAP version of Interscan is fairly new
and the ICAP client patch to Squid is even newer and not much tested..