[squid-users] Allways check the origin server.

From: Carles Xavier Munyoz Baldó <carles@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 10:41:48 +0200

Hi,
I have Squid installed in my FW as a transparent proxy.
I have been analysing the access_log file and I have seen that I have a lot of
TCP_IMS_HIT/304 log lines.

If I'm not wrong, this logs means that the proxy return a non modified code
(304) to the browser that iussed the HTTP request without forwarding the
request to the origin server.

I would like that squid always forwards a conditional GET to the origin server
of all the objects it has in its cache.
Is it possible ?
How ?

Greetings.