Re: [squid-users] SSL patch and recent patches for openssl

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2003 21:45:51 +0200

Frank Neumann wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> iirc the engine version of openssl is necessary to use the SSL patch for
> squid2.5 for reverse SSL proxying. Am I right?

Either the normal or the engine version of OpenSSL should work..

IIRC the two is merged in the OpenSSL 0.9.7 release, and there no longer
is a separate "engine" version.

The main difference of the "engine" version of OpenSSL is that it
supports crypto acceleration hardware, whereas the "standard" version
only supports software crypto.