[squid-users] Re: Antwort: Re: [squid-users] Squid2.5 Stabel2 + LDAP authentication

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 08 Apr 2003 13:07:28 +0200

tis 2003-04-08 klockan 12.40 skrev sebastian.nell@bgs-ag.de:

> > Have you compiled your Squid with support for authentication in
> > accelerators? (AUTH_ON_ACCEL define)
>
> How do I specify AUTH_ON_ACCEL at the configure statement??

You can't.. this has to be done in the sources..

run configure, then edit src/Makefile and add

 -DAUTH_ON_ACCELERATION

to the DEFS line.

> > And are you aware that you can only have one level of logins in HTTP?

> Well, no, I wasn't aware of that. But I think login onto a internal Server
> (Livelink)
> should work. It workes right now. I'll try to figure it out when I got ldap
> auth running.

The thing is that when you start using authentication in the
accelerator, this uses the exact same web authentication field as any
authentication used by your real web server.. This will conflict with
the real web servers use of this field if authentication is configured
differently on the two.

When you are not using authentication in the accelerator, this field is
unused by the accelerator and there is no conflict.

Note: If you web server is using cookie based authentication then there
is no conflict. Only if HTTP authentication is used there is a conflict.

> How do I need to specify the Login promt at squid.conf?

???

--
Henrik Nordstrom <hno@squid-cache.org>