Re: [squid-users] Active Directory w/o Mixed Mode

From: <bscott@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 15:38:14 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 9 Apr 2003, at 3:59pm, alex@short.net wrote:
> If i was to create my Active Directory and not put it in mixed mode (my
> windows admin would prefer it not to be mixed mode), can squid be setup to
> accept the auth from the browser much like NTLM or would at this point
> users have to enter there login information every time they opened IE.

  The only thing Active Directory Mixed Mode allows that AD Native Mode does
not is the existence of NT 4.0 domain controllers in the domain. That's it.
Period. You can still have any number of NT 4.0 member servers,
workstations, and/or systems emulating them, such as Squid.

  We have had a Squid server talking NTLM reasonably well with an Active
Directory Domain Controller in Native Mode for months now.

--
Ben Scott <bscott@ntisys.com>