Re: [squid-users] Active Directory w/o Mixed Mode

From: Guido Serassio <serassio@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2003 21:41:28 +0200

Hi,

Il 21.59 09/04/2003 Alex Short ha scritto:

>If i was to create my Active Directory and not put it in mixed mode (my
>windows admin would prefer it not to be mixed mode), can squid be setup to
>accept the auth from the browser much like NTLM or would at this point
>users have to enter there login information every time they opened IE.
>
>Been working flawlessly on our NT domain but are being pushed into AD.
>
>Alex

Simply your AD environment needs to have Pre Windows 2000 compatibility
enabled.
If in Your network there are still working NT4 or 9x clients, it should be
already enabled.

See http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-23.html#ss23.5 fore
configuration details.

Regards

Guido

-
Serassio Guido
Via Albenga, 11/4 10134 - Torino - ITALY
E-mail: guido.serassio@serassio.it
WWW: http://www.serassio.it