Re: [squid-users] File Uploading Issue

From: Marc Elsen <marc.elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 09:27:23 +0200

atit jariwala wrote:

> Hello Squid Users,
>
> I am using squid 2.5 stable1
> does this version of squid supports file uploading?

 Yes.

> for e.g considering case:
> if i am sending mail to my freind containg abc.zip file as attachement
> does squid cache this abc.zip?
> I think due to dynamic session it will not as it might match no_cache
> directive?

 But why do you think this is squid,http proxy related.
 Sending e-mail is done by a mailer, which usually doesn't use
 http as a transport method. Basically these issues are unrelated.

 Which e-mail program are you using ?
 Which mailserver setup ?

> but if uploading any file any how and no_cache is not matched for this url,
> still squid cache it?
>
> my purpose is to restrict file uploading
>
> i gone through squid.conf.default and FAQ, i found,
> req_mime_type: regular expression pattern matching on the request
> content-type header.

  req_mime_type can be used to allow file uploading through squid.

  M.

--
 'Love is truth without any future.
 (M.E. 1997)