[squid-users] Talking to a service via squid

From: Adam Finster <adam@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 16:26:03 +1000

Hello,

Our application exposes a service which we can communicate with via TCP.

We do not access it via a web page or script (such as php / asp / etc)

From what I've read, you need to change the connection, and modify the
HTTP header to get through the proxy server.

Below is an example of what I'm posting. Can someone tell me if this
will work?

connected to <proxy address>:<proxy port>
HTTP Header:
GET <our command here eg ABCDEF> HTTP/1.0
Host: <our server name here> : <our port number>
Proxy-Authorization:Basic <Base64 encoded proxy username : password>

Regards,

Adam Finster
CV Computer Services Pty. Ltd.
mailto:adam@cvcomputers.com.au