RE: [squid-users] Cache manager: which ports are being used?

From: Boniforti Flavio <boniforti@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 10:41:34 +0200

> If cachemgr runs on the same server and you tell it to connect to the
> official proxy address (not localhost) then the source address will
> usually be the same, but can vary a little depending on your OS and
> setup..

When I log onto cachemanager I set the "hostname" to be the IP address
of my proxy (10.167.211.142) and the port is 8080 (I changed it from
3128)...
I'm on Linux SuSE 7.3 with squid 2.5st1. Do you have any suggestions? I
mean: if the connection would be made by the IP address, it should work
(see my firewall rules again!)... The only thing I'm doubting about is
the fact that if it would connect from localhost, it wouldn't be able to
get it!

> What you should have is to log all traffic denied by your firewall
> except for traffic you know what it is and do not want to see. This
> way you do not need to guess what it going on.

Mmhh... I'm checking how to enable logging on my firewall, because my
chain policies are DEFAULT DROP (which isn't that funny when trying to
do some logging)...