Re: [squid-users] safest squid configuration?

From: Christoph Haas <email@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 21:29:56 +0200

On Fri, May 16, 2003 at 02:31:17PM -0400, Valentin Chopov wrote:
> I want to configure my squid cache servers in the let's say safest way;)
> I want to reduce to minimum keeping old content in the servers' cache.

IMHO Squid asks the web server if it has an object which is newer than
the one saved in the Squid's cache. If it get's a "Not modified"
message it takes the cache message. This is the large picture. I don't
claim to understand the details of the caching algorithms, although I
should know them.

However this is a FAQ from my colleagues you frequently ask me to "clear
the cache". Wimps. ;)

> Is there a way to tune up squid and solve this problem?

Tune up your colleagues. :)

 Christoph

--
~