RE: [squid-users] ntlm authentification and groups

From: Scott Wrosch <swrosch@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 12:16:15 -0400

I do that on my Squid set up. Here's some pertinent cutouts from my
squid.conf (I use wb_ntlmauth, btw):

acl IM dstdomain .oscar.aol.com .msg.yahoo.com
acl CallCenter proxy_auth "/usr/local/squid/etc/CallCenter"
acl Restricted dstdomain .dealerconnection.com .marketingassociates.com
.fordfinancial.com .fmcdealer.com .fordcollegegrad.com
acl Noelle proxy_auth "/usr/local/squid/etc/Noelle"
acl NoelleRestricted dstdomain .google.com .thedirectory.org
.mmiworld.com .switchboard.com .usps.com
acl InternetDesks proxy_auth "/usr/local/squid/etc/InternetDesks"

http_access deny CallCenter IM
http_access allow manager localhost
http_access allow CallCenter Restricted
http_access allow Noelle NoelleRestricted
http_access allow InternetDesks
http_access deny manager
http_access deny !Safe_ports
http_access deny CONNECT !SSL_ports
http_access deny all

The ACL IM is used for restricting the CallCenter group from using IM
programs. Not perfect, but no one there is smart enough to foil it.

The ACL CallCenter is the listing of the CallCenter user accounts.

The Restricted ACL specifies the domains that the CallCenter people are
allowed to access. Noelle is a special extension of Restricted ACL.

And finally, InternetDesks are the users who are allowed access.
Everything else is denied.

It's not perfect, but it should give you some idea.