Re: [squid-users] Error messages!

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 15:33:32 +0200

On Friday 20 June 2003 13.39, Raj wrote:
> Hi All!
>
> I am trying to find out what the following error message indicate
> as I keep on getting them intemittently. I could not find about
> them on the site. Can a squid guru let me know what they mean?

> commConnectDnsHandle: Bad dns_error_message

I think this message may be printed on negatively cached DNS errors.
(negative_dns_ttl).

> clientReadRequest: FD 236 Invalid Request

Is what it says.. some client sent a request Squid could not
understand.

> WARNING: Closing client a.b.c.d connection due to lifetime timeout

Same there. Some client tried to keep a connection open for very long
time, longer than your configuration allows.

In both cases you can see access.log for information on who the client
was.

> Squid Parent: child process 538 exited due to signal 6

This is bad. You should have additional information in cache.log as to
what the cause of the major failure was.