[squid-users] Solaris 8 running out of filedescriptors

From: Apostolou, Nicholas [IT] <Nicholas.Apostolou@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 18:01:57 +1000

Hi All,

What are the recommendations for Solaris 8 (kernel 108528-19),where it is
running out of file descriptors?
There is no information specific for Solaris 8 on the FAQ.
Currently running Squid2.5stable2.

2003/06/30 16:16:06| WARNING! Your cache is running out of filedescriptors

Also what happens when you run out of DNS server processors?
This will go to 32, currently have 25 DNS processors, and I still have more
users to come on this host.

2003/06/30 14:35:28| WARNING: All dnsserver processes are busy.
2003/06/30 14:35:28| WARNING: 25 pending requests queued

Nicholas Apostolou
Unix Systems
Business Technology
Level 15, 2 Park Street
Sydney NSW Australia 2000

Phone: (+612) 82254468
Fax: (+612) 82255404
Mobile: +61 401709007
Email: nicholas.apostolou@citigroup.com

Important Information
This message may contain confidential, proprietary or privileged
information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the
sender immediately and delete the message from your system. You should not
copy or use it for any purpose, nor disclose its contents to any other
person. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or
error-free. No guarantee is made that any attachments are virus free. We
reserve the right to monitor all e-mail communications.

Although the information is believed to be reliable, we do not guarantee its
accuracy and it may be incomplete or condensed. All opinions and estimates
constitute our judgement at the date of issue and are subject to change
without notice. Unless stated otherwise, pricing information is indicative
only, subject to change and is not an offer to deal at any price quoted.
Any reference to the terms of executed transactions is preliminary only and
subject to written confirmation.