RE: [squid-users] Squid 2.5.STABLE3 and ntlm and authentication popup

From: Adam Aube <aaube@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 15:28:28 -0400

> So far avg service time for NTLM authenticators is 0 msec. Here are the
> current # of ntlm requests per helper for 15 clients: 281, 100, 46, 23, 6,

> 2, 0, 0...

> If the current #'s are anything to go by, my first 3 handle 93% with the
> first handling 61%, but I'll keep my eye on it. Hopefully it will break
;).

So far it doesn't look like your NTLM helpers are overloaded at all -
everything after the first 6 are idle. Suggestion: when it breaks, save the
Cache Manager page as a file. That will capture all the stats and a time
stamp. You can then post links to the files for us to check them out.

So far I'm sticking by my original hunch - that the problem is the PDC
taking too long to respond, and not with Squid itself. But we'll see what
the numbers reveal.

>> BTW, what are the specs on your authentication server (OS,
>> harware, number of users)?

> NT 4 SP 6, dual 500 MHz w/ ~ 500 meg RAM, 1900 users in the domain.

I'm not an expert on NT4, but those specs seem ok to serve 1900 domain users
- assuming the server is JUST a PDC. What kind of network connection does it
have?\

Adam

---