RE: [squid-users] Improve performance in squid

From: Adaíl Oliveira <adail@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 17:25:41 +0100

The server is a dell poweredge 2550 with scsi disks.
My cache dir is in a diferent disk --> cache_dir ufs /cache/squid 17000
16 256

What kind of configurations I have to do for my squid not become an I/O
bound?

Sar:

11:10:05 AM CPU %user %nice %system %idle
11:20:05 AM all 13.03 0.00 31.31 55.67
11:30:01 AM all 15.22 0.00 36.21 48.57
11:40:01 AM all 11.70 0.00 26.59 61.70
11:50:00 AM all 10.83 0.00 24.42 64.75
12:00:01 PM all 8.42 0.00 16.96 74.62
12:10:01 PM all 9.60 0.00 20.46 69.94
12:20:01 PM all 11.40 0.00 26.49 62.11
12:30:02 PM all 10.43 0.00 21.51 68.05
12:40:01 PM all 11.30 0.00 21.15 67.55
12:50:01 PM all 12.81 0.00 25.41 61.78
01:00:04 PM all 16.20 0.00 30.75 53.05
01:10:01 PM all 16.89 0.00 30.24 52.87
01:20:01 PM all 14.91 0.00 27.82 57.27
01:30:01 PM all 15.86 0.00 29.62 54.52
01:40:01 PM all 18.89 0.00 35.97 45.14
01:50:02 PM all 18.27 0.00 32.37 49.36
02:00:02 PM all 16.18 0.00 28.86 54.96
02:10:05 PM all 15.58 0.00 28.94 55.48
02:20:01 PM all 16.13 0.00 29.64 54.23
02:30:02 PM all 15.98 0.00 28.63 55.39
02:40:01 PM all 17.86 0.00 31.87 50.27
02:50:03 PM all 18.56 0.00 31.94 49.50
03:00:01 PM all 24.44 0.00 24.10 51.46
03:10:01 PM all 10.63 0.00 23.43 65.93
03:20:01 PM all 11.23 0.00 26.40 62.37
03:30:01 PM all 12.67 0.00 29.40 57.92
03:40:01 PM all 13.76 0.00 30.92 55.32
03:50:01 PM all 14.23 0.00 30.32 55.44
04:00:00 PM all 15.85 0.00 34.99 49.17
04:10:01 PM all 14.26 0.00 30.64 55.10
04:20:01 PM all 13.98 0.00 30.44 55.58
Average: all 6.02 0.01 12.48 81.49

Iostat:
07/07/2003

avg-cpu: %user %nice %sys %idle
           5.66 0.02 11.90 82.42

Device: tps Blk_read/s Blk_wrtn/s Blk_read Blk_wrtn
dev3-0 18.06 131.26 162.86 148271344 183967640

Thanks,
A.O