[squid-users] Page loading issues

From: Jeremy Broadway <jbroadway@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 12:57:46 -0400

Hello,
        I am having an issue where every once in a while pages just do
not display. No error message is displayed by squid, no 404, the page
just doesn't load when I click on the link or it starts to load but
never finishes. Closing my browser (IE 6 sp1 + q331906 patch on win2k
sp4) and opening it again fixes the issue and the page loads just fine.
The only person using squid is myself as I am trying to get it stable
enough for a test deployment with a few users. I am using ntlm
authentication in a win2k ad domain, max children is 15, the squid
server is a p3 1.0ghz with 512megs ram running openbsd 3.3, squid itself
is version 2.5-stable2.

There is nothing special about the web pages that I am visiting when
this happens and it appears to be random since it has happened on
google, cnn, slashdot and microsoft's websites just to name a few, it
doesn't matter if I am viewing a static html page or submitting a form
and it happens frequently enough that it is rather annoying.

In the cahce.log I do receive these errors;
2003/07/07 12:45:38| clientReadRequest: FD 35: (54) Connection reset by
peer
2003/07/07 12:46:33| clientReadRequest: FD 32: no data to process ((35)
Resource temporarily unavailable)

Squid also seems to be at odds with itself because I also get messages
like these in the cahce.log.

2003/07/07 12:46:33| The request GET
http://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en&edition=usa&q= is DENIED, because it
matched 'AuthorizedUsers'

2003/07/07 12:46:33| The request GET
http://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en&edition=
sa&q= is ALLOWED, because it matched 'AuthorizedUsers'

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jeremy Broadway
Network Administrator
jbroadway@sfish.org