[squid-users] How does squid actually work?

From: Richard Sumilang <richard@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 10:36:36 -0700

My idea of how squid works is when you visit a website for the first
time (google.com) it will download all the images and html code into
cache and when you go back to the site in the future it will check if
it has been modified and if since last time you loaded it and if so
then load then refresh the cache when the newer copy else load the
version in the cache. Is this correct? Perhaps there is some
documentation I don't see with how it works?

Thanks
- Richard S.