Re: [squid-users] credentialsttl

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 01:06:53 +0200

On Monday 07 July 2003 21.27, Adam Aube wrote:
> > How can i make user credentials to expire on a specified time ?
> > I've tried credentialsttl with no result.
>
> Depends on what you mean by "expire". The credentialsttl setting
> will make Squid force the user to reauthenticate after a set time
> period.

Sorry, but this is not at all what credentialsttl does.

credentialsttl will make Squid requery the authentication helper after
a set time period (default 2 hours). It is not related to
when/how/why the user may need to reauthenticate himself. The latter
is a business between the user and his browser alone and outside the
control of Squid. The browser authenticates to Squid on each and
every request sent to the proxy.